Reporting to the Materials Control Manager, the Material FLow Process Engineer/Packaging Designer will be responsible for working with vendors to manage the safe flow of products, cost-effectively and efficiently. The applicant may be exposed to some dust and exposure to noise while in the plant.
The Packaging Designer has functional responsibility for the following:
- Work with Vendors and internal supply chain and Engineering / Production resources to manage product flow safely, efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Develop shipping, storage, and kitting solutions for the movement of material within the Supply Chain, in the Warehouse, and for presentation to the Line.
- Design industrial packaging (crates, pallets, bins, boxes, bags, carts, etc) using CAD / CAM software.
- Create labelling and define related packaging details for inbound and outbound shipments.
- Create elegant packaging solutions for complex products.
- Minimum: Community College graduate in Industrial Design / Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Preferred: University Degree in Industrial Engineering / Packaging / Mechanical Engineering
- Previous Job: 4 to 6 years in manufacturing, with at least 3 years in a packaging/design role.
- Experience with Solid Edge or other commercial 3D Drawing software.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resumes to email@example.com.
At Erwin Hymer Group North America, we value diversity and work to ensure that all employees and candidates have equal opportunities to succeed. Should you require accommodations of any kind to apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.