The Materials Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the timely and safe delivery of parts to the line both kitted and prepped by leading and supervising direct reports. Includes ensuring inventory records are accurate and housekeeping is maintained to 5S standards.
- Assign personnel and instruct in task requirements
- Execute production requirements to established standards of efficiency and quality
- Ensure the safety rules are adhered to and the company safety plan is implemented
- Review employee performance against agreed goals & job descriptions and reward/discipline as appropriate
- Ensure inventory integrity is maintained through the timely reporting of production & inventory transfers
- Establish departmental control of subassembly build and related reporting
- Actively carry out the processes of NCR, Quality Alert, Continuous Improvement
- Participate in various plant projects e.g. implementation of new machinery, process improvements, research and development, physical demands project, 5S, housekeeping etc.
- Ensure department housekeeping is maintained to specified standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum: Secondary School Diploma or GED
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Excel & Word,
- Preferred: Post-secondary education in related field, Management Program certificate, or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a Materials control capacity.
- Technical training e.g. Fork Truck, APICS
How to Apply:
To express your interest in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Materials Supervisor” in your subject line.
At Erwin Hymer Group North America, we value diversity and work to ensure that all employees and candidates have equal opportunities to succeed. Should you require accommodations of any kind in order to apply for this position, please contact email@example.com.