Erwin Hymer Group North America is searching for two millwrights to fill positions at one of our plants (location TBD). The Millwright’s role is to maintain and perform repairs to all equipment and machine systems for a dynamic multifaced facility.
- Is a safety advocate; lead by example by complying with all plant and Occupational Health and Safety policies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a diverse, fast-paced environment. This includes but not limited to hydraulic, pneumatic, steam, compressed air, production lines, conveyors, mixers, etc.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics and detailed repair drawings related to equipment and machinery
- Performing preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance with standardized procedures
- Troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment
- Dismantle equipment, repair and reassemble as required.
- Align and calibrate machinery and parts as required
- Maintenance of site equipment
- Completion of preventative and predictive maintenance inspections
- Perform general inspection of plant mechanical equipment on a daily basis.
- Lockout any mechanical equipment to satisfy all safety requirements.
- Log parts out of inventory and record as necessary.
- Make changes to machines and update drawings as required.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Execute daily assigned work.
- Respond to work orders and service calls in a timely fashion.
- Report and communicate any problems or changes made, ensuring information is shared with all team members (through the use of a logbook).
- Report all dangerous behaviour or unsafe conditions to the appropriate supervisor
- Work well within a team environment (trades group and Production).
- Participate in training as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.*_
- Valid Industrial Millwright Certificate of Qualification
- 5-7 years previous millwright experience
- Previous MIG, TIG, and Stick Welding experience
- Competent in welding, pipefitting, machine building, fabricating and rigging
- Good working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics, including troubleshooting
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Experience operating all general purpose machine shop equipment (mills, lathes, drill press)
- Experience in mechanical repairs
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work days or afternoons **
- Ability to work safely at heights
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work as a member of a team with minimal supervision
- Motivated and positive attitude
- Good physical condition, bending, climbing, lifting
- CNC machine experience-an asset
- Vacuum forming machine-an asset
How to Apply:
To express your interest in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Millwright” in your subject line.
At Erwin Hymer Group North America, we value diversity and work to ensure that all employees and candidates have equal opportunities to succeed. Should you require accommodations of any kind to apply for this position, please contact email@example.com.