The Quality Engineer supports the activities of the Quality & Reliability, R&D, S&W and Production departments by participating in new product developments, analyzing operational, supplier and field data to problem solve issues and attain resolution. There is a focus on continual improvement and an emphasis on enhancing overall customer satisfaction.
- Work with EHGNA suppliers to determine root cause and implement corrective action on supplier quality issues
- Perform supplier quality audits and provide feedback to Materials department for supplier selection/measurement
- Analyze operational data such as rework, nonconforming material and scrap reports to prioritize and lead corrective action efforts
- Support the gage control system by recommending appropriate measurement systems, gage design and validation and establishing appropriate calibration methods and intervals
- Implement containment when internal and/or external quality issues are found
- Support the Service and Warranty group by leading corrective action efforts when customers report field quality issues
- Participate in testing of materials using internal test equipment and/or use of external labs and test facilities. Testing includes but not limited to: chemical, metallurgical, dimensional, environmental, physical/mechanical, and durability
- Perform other duties as requested
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills are required to work within multi-faceted teams
- 3-5 years working in a Quality or Engineering field in an automotive related industry
- ASQ CQE or equivalent education background
- Working knowledge of Vehicle Safety Standards (CMVSS and FMVSS) is an asset
- Knowledge of Electrical Codes (NEC and CSA C22.1) is an asset
How to Apply:
To express your interest in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Quality Engineer” in your subject line.
At Erwin Hymer Group North America, we value diversity and work to ensure that all employees and candidates have equal opportunities to succeed. Should you require accommodations of any kind in order to apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.