The Engineering Manager (Methods), reporting to the Director of Engineering and Innovation is to lead in developing new production methods as we introduce new products and go after new markets with our leading-edge recreational vehicles. In this position, you’ll work with a team to achieve rapid growth and enhance our productivity to support expansion. We’re looking for someone who will deftly manage competing priorities while keeping the company faithful to our overall growth objectives. As an innovative and highly-integrated manufacturer, we’re interested in candidates from a broad range of manufacturing backgrounds.
- Work closely and cooperatively with the Engineering Manager (Development) and the Director of Engineering and Innovation, to whom both Engineering Managers directly report;
- Support the company’s expansion as we introduce new vehicle models and open new plants by introducing new and more productive methods of manufacturing, which must be coordinated across a number of locations;
- Ensure that production methods and plant layouts create safe, healthy, and productive working environments for our entire quickly-growing team;
- Lead a cross-functional team of 10-15 engaged employees, including engineers and technicians, to
- develop standardized practices for manufacturing that ensure continuity and consistency across multiple plant locations;
- work collaboratively with product engineering and production to problem-solve, optimize existing processes, and ensure optimal production line balancing;
- manage the continual development of complicated assembly processes and tools for a range of products, each of which consists of approximately 3000 parts and combines a vehicle, home, entertainment centre, and campsite into one finished product;
- Proactively assess and communicate resource requirements and challenges to upper management and other departments to keep our manufacturing and methods development on-track in a very busy workplace;
- Act as a true leader in the company by being a positive force in the Erwin Hymer community, helping every day to make this an excellent place to work for all of our team members, including you
- Experience managing manufacturing growth and change, including playing a key role in design and/or implementation of new systems or processes;
- 5+ years leadership experience in an engineering management or supervisory role;
- Formal education, training, or certification in areas related to manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, operations management, lean manufacturing, and/or project management;
- Genuine passion for process—if you’re excited by the prospect of designing and launching new methods to achieve ambitious production goals, we want to hear from you
How to Apply:
To express your interest in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Engineering Manager (Methods)” in your subject line.
At Erwin Hymer Group North America, we value diversity and work to ensure that all employees and candidates have equal opportunities to succeed. Should you require accommodations of any kind in order to apply for this position, please contact email@example.com.