The IT Support Technician provides technical support to the company for all IT infrastructure and technologies used within the company.
- Participate in front line IT support via email, phone, and face-to-face.
- Computer and peripheral troubleshooting and deployments; both hardware, software and usability/fitment aspects.
- support includes a full range of end-point technologies and equipment from desktops, phones, printers, mobile devices, cabling, system access / security, Microsoft / Apple products, licensing, upgrades and retirements, to more complex issues such as legacy/obsolete software support and departmental specific support of CAD, PLC, CNC, Kiosks, Graphics Design and others.
- Maintain the digital IT library including, but not limited to, asset inventory (software and hardware), software installations, licensing, documentation for typical IT tasks, and “tips” for IT support and assistance.
- Liaising with vendors to resolve support issues when necessary.
- Assisting all members of the IT team with any additional assigned duties and special projects.
- Be available to work outside of usual business hours and to carry a cell phone if / when needed
- Ability to travel to our various locations in and around the Kitchener/Cambridge/Guelph area
- Experience within the Information Technology industry in a support capacity.
- A diploma or certificate in a technical related area
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Highly organized, detailed and multi-task oriented, with the ability to balance priorities.
- Exceptional customer service skills with an ability to interact in a professional and friendly manner with end users at all levels within the organization.
- Strong competence in the Microsoft and Apple Ecosystems (MS Office, Remote Desktop, Desktop OS).
- Solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills coupled with a willingness to learn.
- Entry level experience within non-Microsoft systems such as Chrome O/S, ThinPro O/S is a bonus.
How to Apply:
To express your interest in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “IT Support Technician” in your subject line.
At Erwin Hymer Group North America, we value diversity and work to ensure that all employees and candidates have equal opportunities to succeed. Should you require accommodations of any kind in order to apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.