The Logistics Manager, reporting to the Director of Scheduling and Operational Planning is responsible for overseeing day to day operations of the logistics department and facilitating key milestones in growth and evolution.
- Oversee and provide direction and support to logistics team including coordinators, planners and dispatchers
- Review and report on KPI’s
- Facilitate evolution as directed by superiors
- Review and assess process and functionality to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Assess and recommend ideal shipping methods, routings and parameters
- Negotiate rates and terms as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree or Diploma in business or related field of study
- Demonstrated understanding of freight industry
- Five (5) years minimum experience in a logistics role, 2+ years in management role
- Demonstrated ability in implementation of new systems and processes
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills. (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Designation (CITT or similar) preferred
- Ability to work on tight deadline
- Flexible to fast pace environment and can easy adapt as requirements change
- Must have strong attention to detail and be deadline oriented
- Strong teamwork, communication and inter-personal skills
How to Apply:
To express your interest in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Logistics Manager” in your subject line.
At Erwin Hymer Group North America, we value diversity and work to ensure that all employees and candidates have equal opportunities to succeed. Should you require accommodations of any kind in order to apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.