The Operational Buyer is responsible for execution and fulfilment of an assigned group of commodities or projects. The incumbent will own the tactical / MRP relationship for their vendor / commodity pool. Focus is on schedule, quality, and informational excellence.
- Using the ERP System and interaction with Supervision and Materials Control, identify materials required for consumption based on time and location, and issue / update Purchase Orders to support the need.
- Manage the day to day Vendor relationship based on plans developed in conjunction with the Supervisor and Commodity Management.
- Follow open orders and work to remove roadblocks to timely delivery.
- Keep ERP System and Expediting reports (Whiteboard) up to date with accurate information.
- Resolve Paperwork / Informational issues that impact part and payment flow (Receiving and Invoicing Blocks, Delivery location issues, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum: College Diploma or University Degree in Business or Engineering, or significant related experience.
- Preference given to education and / or experience in Materials and Supply Chain Management Fields.
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Excel & Word, exposure to QAD ERP an asset
- 3 + years’ experience in Operational / Tactical Procurement in a Manufacturing Environment.
How to Apply:
To express your interest in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Operational Buyer” in your subject line.
At Erwin Hymer Group North America, we value diversity and work to ensure that all employees and candidates have equal opportunities to succeed. Should you require accommodations of any kind in order to apply for this position, please contact email@example.com.