This is a customer service role where smart-handed people with exceptional customer service people will thrive. The primary role of the Retail Service Technician is to fix the customer with a Do the Right Thing approach to our business.
- Answer/Resolve service questions, including but not limited to; maintenance, operation, service center locations, warranty, and road side assistance.
- Able to fulfill accurate case documentation, including but not limited to: Three C’s of service, all correspondence, labor, payment, and follow-up.
- Lead and direct as required through any intra-departmental projects, including but not limited to; recalls, campaigns and related service bulletins.
- Maintain a personal annual training schedule.
- Responsible to maintain co-ownership, with your dealer service partner for most service related cases (warranty, policy, goodwill, service support) from the initial inbound call to its resolution and documentation.
- Monitor intra-departmental process documentation and offer suggestions / improvements as we evolve with the customer.
- Develop / coordinate team building activities such as peer issue resolutions, case sharing, and decision making.
- Lead on escalated case/customer issues (review and advise direction thereof). Ability to approach each situation with diplomacy whether giving or receiving the information toward a mutual resolve.
- Process warranty part orders and Return Material Authorizations (RMA’s).
- Engage suppliers proactively to resolve design / performance related warranty problems, including service direction and payment requirements.
- Support the continued improvements to the Labor Time Guide.
- Proficient in the review of technical documentation and provide input to engineering, purchasing, production, and suppliers.
- Business degree or equivalent work experience
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Strong and consistent attention to detail
- Natural mechanical aptitude
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay on task
- Versatile, flexible, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Creative and innovative team player
- Intermediate computer skills are required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Public speaking ability
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
How to Apply:
To express your interest in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Retail Service Technician” in your subject line.
At Erwin Hymer Group North America, we value diversity and work to ensure that all employees and candidates have equal opportunities to succeed. Should you require accommodations of any kind in order to apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.