The Vendor Warranty Specialist is responsible to pursue relationships with each of our vendors, establish and document all the terms and conditions of their warranty and recover monies as part of the overall warranty process with each of our brands and RVs. The position will also help guide and educate the service & warranty staff with the most effective ways to insure we are adhering to our suppliers return and interaction requirements to adhere to their warranty requirements.
- Ensure that Service & Warranty have access to and are trained with each of the supplier’s warranty agreements
- Review category, sub-category, and component data to help identify and define top warranty concerns
- Review case documentation and share monetary results, based on content, with call center staff to further improve both the relationship and the knowledge-base.
- Process incoming material as well as non-material charge backs on a timely basis to the Materials Associate tasked with our charge back reimbursements.
- Review data on all RMA related cases regardless of warranty status of the material.
- Take all necessary steps to follow up with any upstream / downstream obstacle to insure vendor recovery.
- Work with Service & Warranty proactively to identify opportunities for improvement with all areas of the vendor recovery process
- Lead/direct RMA (Return Material Authorization) process as the fundamental basis of the position
- Establish processes to ensure that no RMA remains open after 60 days.
- Respond to requests for data searches and other analysis to assist in problem solving
- Share input on/with the development area of Approach (or other customer service electronic case documentation tool) system improvements
- Serve as filter between EHGNA technicians and our supply base to better understand why (or why not) a claim was denied, or a part failed.
- Work cooperatively with materials and quality reporting supplier performance with warranty and support.
- Consistent and organized follow up with our suppliers to insure the management of received defective parts and charge backs.
- Technical capability must be demonstrated to inspect the failed / returned material. Service Support Technicians may also need to be engaged.
- Identify systems where serviceable parts can be added to our systems / inventory to reduce the warrantable expense to the organization.
- Consolidate and publish regular reports showing warranty vendor recovery percentage with the ability to identify / validate matters of concern with a sense of urgency, quantifiable against the matter
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in equivalent role
- Strong negotiation skills
- Basic financial / accounting skills
- Strong and consistent attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay on task
- Versatile, flexible, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Creative and innovative team player
- Intermediate computer skills are required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Some travel may be required
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Public speaking ability
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
How to Apply:
To express your interest in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Vendor Warranty Specialist” in your subject line.
At Erwin Hymer Group North America, we value diversity and work to ensure that all employees and candidates have equal opportunities to succeed. Should you require accommodations of any kind in order to apply for this position, please contact email@example.com.